- Beat Detection: BeatEdit features a highly accurate Beat Detector developed by universities in Porto (Portugal) and Victoria (Canada). This beat tracker goes way beyond simple peak detection, combining several methods and a great deal of expert knowledge to get accurate results, even with songs where the beat is not obvious.
- Markers: Visualize beats as markers in your composition. You can also easily copy, paste and move markers.
- Beat Wiggle: Whether you want to animate sliders, 2D or 3D layers or time-remap your footage – the beat wiggle does it all. Endless possibilities, full control and lots of presets. It even supports beat patterns, so the animation behaves differently for each beat.
- Repeat Keyframes: BeatEdit can of course repeat your keyframed animations in sync with the beat, but it also comes with a powerful continuous mode which offsets each repetition, so that it starts exactly where the previous one ends.
- Stagger Layers & Keyframes: Want your text to appear step by step with the beat, or sync your keyframes up to the music? Our stagger features are your best friends!
- Beat Selection: BeatEdit gives you full control over which beats your animations react to – you can choose to select only every fourth beat, select beats randomly, or subdivide the beats. BeatEdit can even react to other rhythmically relevant points of your music to create even more variation.